Monday, January 4, 2010

Ten in 10: Healthy Panda!!





A week ago I heard about the Ten in 10 Challenge, then read the details in Lori's blog and decided to join, I can't think of a better way of starting this new year: eating healthier, working out and trying my best to improve my life along with people from all over the world. In Lori's website you can find the list of people who are participating, please take some time to visit their blogs where most of them have posted their goals, motivation and lots of yummy and healthy recipes.

Even though I was born and raised in this Caribbean island my parents ate a lot of Japanese food and I grew up loving healthy dishes and veggies like eggplant and broccoli. I am also a water freak (I drink way more than 8 glasses a day). You could say I have good habits but I have this love affair with fast food... which I hope to end or to be more realistic, limit to once [or twice?] a month. I have this great book called The abs diet for women which I bought over a year ago and had it in my bookshelf covered in dust. I started reading it again last week and finished it in 4 days. I am going to try their diet regimen and in another post I will share with you the things I love about this book and explain what they call "power foods".

So basically what I want to accomplish in these 10 weeks is to limit my consumption of fast food, keep exercising and being able to wear my pink bikini without worries :)

I am very proud to say that I quit smoking in 2007 [even though I wasn't a hardcore smoker I used to smoke on weekends or whenever I had alcoholic drinks] thank God I don't miss it at all, in fact I think it stinks and its bad and wrong in so many ways... My best friend aka Princess Annush came to the Island on Christmas and went home very sick to the point where she couldn't smoke her Marlboro Lights and had to quit for a week. She got better and decided to quit smoking :) [YAY!] lets hope she stays like this not for just 10 months but for the rest of her life!

If you want to join the Ten in 10 challenge please click here or email the following information to therecipegirl {at} gmail {dot} com w/ the subject heading "Ten in 10": geographic location, name, blog url, twitter ID or whatever applies & if you have a general idea of what your goal will be w/ this challenge that would be good too.

Your body is your temple. Treat it that way!


1 comment:

  1. oh great goals and adore the quote at the end will tweet it lOL Rebecca

    ReplyDelete