Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye 2009...

Happy New Year to you all.

In Pandaland, 2009 didn't suck but it wasn't great either... last month I *finally finished Culinary School, I got straight A's :) and even though I wasn't too happy there I was really excited to complete the culinary program. God knows I have ADD and I am bored easily, but it seems I've found my true passion in cooking and baking. I got the chance to work at a restaurant, which I won't go back to ever again unless I decide to open  my own business... for now I have a bakery-cafe on mind but that project will have to wait.

Right now I am really sad and I think I'm writing this post because I need to unwind and share with the world what I have lost today: my precious daughter Pucca. She was with me since 2007, no other doggie was as beautiful, as spoiled as her and it has been really hard to start this year waking up to the vet's call saying she couldn't make it. Three weeks ago she ate some metal piece, her stomach just shut down and they had to do surgery to get it out because it was making her sick due to lead poisoning. I've been blaming myself because when these things happen you just start thinking what you could have done to prevent it, but the truth is there are 3 doggies here and she was the only one who had this unusual habit of eating inedible stuff like paper and wood. Pucca stayed at the vet for 3 days after the surgery and then came home. She seemed to be OK and was eating 3 small meals a day, she had a full time panda-nurse who was with the clock giving her medication and curing her stitched belly. Until 4 days ago she just stopped eating, I tried cooking rice and chicken for her like my sister (who is a vet) recommended, I even tried giving her a piece of bacon to see if she was just being picky but she wouldn't eat that either. That's when I took her to the vet and they said she was dehydrated, and it wasn't good the fact that she had lost her appetite, and told me I would have to leave her for treatment and they would run tests to see what was wrong. Turns out her liver and kidneys were not working and they said they would treat her, my sister was aware of everything they were doing with Pucca and then this morning I wake up to this call of the doctor telling me her little body couldn't take it and that she passed away. I hanged up the phone and went blank for about a minute then cried like crazy for the next hours. I cried the way I'm crying right now. Like a friend told me today: "a pet can give you more love than even some family members". and she is right. She was not a pet. She was my daughter. I am trying to be happy because she is not suffering anymore and I know she is in doggie heaven, but I just miss her so much...

Rest in Peace my beloved Pucca
05/2007~01/2010

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry panda girl. Pucca was lucky to have such a loving and caring mommy. Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a little angel watching over you now.

    ReplyDelete